Friday, June 1, 2012

Who Ville Cake

the cakes cooling in the mold

  A few days before mother's day we went grocery shopping at target for cleaning supplies that ended with a few more things than necessary. One of those was the cake pop pan, i got excited and tried it for the first time to make cakes that will look like flowers in a pot. A terrible idea to do when the occasion is a day ahead since it's my first time to do such a thing and I made all of it in a rush.



see how the stick is leaning to the other cake?



    Once everything cooled from the pan, I removed it and used lollipop sticks as the stem. I dipped the lollipop sticks in my melted chocolate and inserted one in every cake pop. The greatest mistake I made was rushing everything. I didn't wait for the chocolate to really set and harden so as the lollipop sticks will be "glued" to the cake. I just gave it 2-3 minutes to set and dipped them in another chocolate to cover it up; the end result? cake pops sliding downwards (ugh!). Imagine the frustration and annoyance I felt towards myself. Deciding on how to fix the mess I made, I had the cake pop with a lollipop stick lean close to the one without. Both of them I put on top of my edible pot.




 

       I used those disposable dessert cups (designs and shape varies) as the pot, filled that "pot" with crumbled chocolate cake and covered it with green icing; have the cakes covered in royal icing with white chocolate that I made ahead and topped it with red sprinkles. I gave it to my mom as a mother's day gift (aside from the trip to the salon). I opted to give her this than regular flowers since she is not much of a fan - can't blame a woman who worked for 10+ years in a nursery. So, instead I gave her an edible flower which she now calls, the whoville cake plant from Dr. Seuss.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics