Thursday, October 25, 2012

Party Rockin'


making the fondant icing
the final sketch
  After my son's birthday, my friend who is also my son's bestfriend's mother asked me if I wanted to make the cake for his son's 6th birthday. Of course I said yes as long as she tells me the theme ahead of time - which means a couple of weeks before October 20.

before heading to the party venue
  Then a few weeks before the supposed date, she told me that they decided to do an LMFAO party - her son loves the band. Which means an 80's style and disco theme - this got me excited. I made a couple of sketches of the cake - the one  posted is what I chose to make. The cake was made of three tiers, the robot head, the zebra and the party symbols.

  I ended up switching the middle and bottom tier than originally planned. This was because of the frosting that I used, I will explain in a little bit right after I tell you what this three tier cake consisted of. The first tier (Mr. Robot head) is of marble cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting. The middle tier is made of a double chocolate cake with vanilla cream cheese frosting and the last tier is of yellow cake with the same frosting as the first tier.

the celebrant rocking it with the band
  It is never good to use white fondant on top of any dark or colored frosting since it will affect the color of the fondant and stain it. Believe me, that was what I did first and it was so frustrating and seriously annoying - I should have listened to the advise of almost everyone. Thus the switcheroo or else it will be the end of the cake - a big NO NO (I am not about to have a six year old celebrate his birthday without the right cake).

  In the end it all worked out and everyone loved it, but most importantly the celebrant said that it's "awesome!". The cake was both pleasing to the eyes and as well as to everyone's palate, even for those who doesn't like cake much.

   Happy 6th birthday little guy everyone were happy that you had fun!


ready for the candle blowing

what happened after the candle blowing
got the cake to the table safe and sound



i love how the table was set up for the party (great job for the celebrant's aunts who made the robot head, little robots and the zebras

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics