Monday, February 27, 2012

Pesto Pizza

    Pizza was defined as "a dish made typically of flattened bread dough spread with a savory mixture usually including tomatoes and cheese and often other toppings and baked —called also pizza pie" on the website http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/pizza.

     Pizza, the famous open-like sandwich (as I secretly call it to make it sound healthier - being considered by some as junkfood). My son loves pizza topped with cheese so much (when bought around neighboring pizza shops) but he especially loves the Margherita Pizza from California Pizza Kitchen, it is topped with tomatoes, basil and cheese.


   So when he asked me for pizza one day, I have to do some improvising as I haven't learned to make a dough (the perfect one at that) nor do I have the time to go buy yeast. To the kitchen I went, checked the fridge, took the flatbread, basil pesto that I made a day before (a different story altogether), some tomatoes and there I start. I used the pesto as an alternative to the tomato sauce (ran out of it) which as luck would have it, he likes. Sliced and placed the tomatoes randomly on the bread with spread pesto and cheese (this we do together as he loves to put the tomatoes and cheese himself). This is one of my little prince's favorite semi-homemade pizza (semi - due to the fact that the bread was store brought). It's his very own personal pizza at home.
 
I told you, it is a personal pizza.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics