Friday, February 17, 2012

Broiled Cajun Shrimp with Lime Juice


                 Last thanksgiving day, we celebrated the holiday over our house with my relatives. Knowing that having turkey is a given, I wanted to pair it with something like an appetizer but can be a side dish as well. As I was also craving for seafood, I thought of shrimp but I wanted to spice up the usually steamed shrimp with melted butter (one of my favorites). 
         With this in mind, I went to the kitchen with a mission in mind, searched the pantry and saw all the spices that I can use and mix together. As I continue to rummage around the kitchen I saw the stack of lemons and limes on the counter and took some limes. I went to the fridge, took the shrimps, wash, clean and remove the shells while leaving the head and tail, got the prep bowl, placed the shrimp and started to mix my marinade. I got all the pepper spice that I needed to make a Cajun flavored shrimp, zest and juice the lime and add it to the shrimp. In addition, I added a handful of chopped parsley then mixed everything together. I wrapped it the bowl with a plastic wrap and shoved it in the fridge to wait for it to marinate to let the flavors to combine. 
       After a few hours, I transferred it to an oven proof bowl and popped it to my preheated oven for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, I changed the thermostat to broil. 
 

Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics