Friday, February 17, 2012

The Danish Moment

the Danish before being baked
The sweet savory pastry with different kind of fillings, some put jams, fresh fruits, cheese and nuts. I started liking the said pastry because of the croissant. I love croissant no matter how much butter there is in it. I love the smell of fresh croissants, the fluffy and flaky texture, but mostly the taste. Then I tasted the Danish, it was a fruit Danish from a pastry shop back in the Philippines (don’t ask the price).
After that experience, I wanted to make my own Danish and use my own homemade filling (somehow, I can taste the preservatives from commercial brand jams). While I was making cheesecake I thought to myself to start up this Danish baking adventure by making cream cheese Danish. So I went straight to research different recipes and variations of this recipe. I compared the ingredients, the different baking techniques and the reviews so as to choose the best among the rest as they put it.
cooling off the rack
Remember my first blog? How I was discussing about the start of this food adventure and musings? I mentioned about the AIDS fundraiser and how I bought my own pastry for a bake sale. That was when I started making my first cream cheese Danish using crescent rolls instead of puff pastry. Surprisingly, it was a success, my coworkers started buying piece by piece before the bake sale even began. It was surprising since I never really thought the crescent rolls (I chose crescent rolls because it’s cheaper) will be a good alternative knowing how it can be a tad salty than the puff pastry.
So there starts my love for cream cheese Danish and today, I just finished making a batch using puff pastry.



 paired perfectly with hot chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics