Friday, February 17, 2012

POPping cheesecakes

             Cheesecake pops! Bite-sized cheesecakes that melts in your mouth? Sounds too good to be true. I never really thought about this until I stumbled upon a cookbook during one of our trips to Barnes and Nobles. When I saw it, I immediately browse and check for ideas. I couldn’t wait to get the ingredients and try doing it at home. But when I did arrive home, I ended up waiting since it was late and I got tired (more like lazy), the wait was a couple of months to be exact.
                I finally made my first cheesecake pops last December, a couple of days before Christmas. Instead of following the techniques on how to turn your cooked cheesecake into little cheesecake pops, I tried my own. I used my minicupcake silicon molds without putting any crust, baked it like how I bake my regular cheesecake and let it cool off. I worked my way from one cup to another, forming each into balls as perfectly round as possible. After which I rolled into the crushed grahams I’ve prepared and set aside. 
               When all got molded and covered with crushed grahams, I set it aside and thought of what to do next. All the suggestions online recommended to dip it into melted chocolates and put into the fridge to harden. I thought more than twice whether I should do the same or not, then thinking how sweet a cheesecake already is, I opted for something else. I used the leftover glaze that I made for the doughnuts we made a day earlier. The timing was so perfect since it the next day was the birthday of my coworker friend – someone I can have it try. So I bought it at work in a box, looking like little snowballs as a gift for her. Her reaction was more than enough for me because she looks like she’s in heaven.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics