Friday, February 17, 2012

Love Lobster Alfredo

During one of our usual Sunday dinners at my aunt’s house we had steamed lobster per my request. Every time I eat lobster I always remember the first time I had one, how I reacted when I saw it, how confuse I was on how to eat one and the flavor of it when I did. It was when my father came home for a month’s long vacation from work in Saudi Arabia. When the whole family got the chance to be together, we all went to “Ongpin”, the Chinese restaurant in – where else? – Chinatown back in my home country. Everyone ordered the usual while I stared at the menu checking everything and wondering what they are. My eyes went to the seafood part of the menu then I saw lobster and it got me curious. Thus, when the waiter asked me for what I wanted of course I asked for the lobster. That was the first and last time I’ll ever have one when I was a kid, it will take another few years before I can have my second sweet and savory lobster.
Back to last Sunday’s lobster, there were a lot of leftovers and what’s a girl gotta do? Bring them all home! Therefore, all I did on our way back home was think about what to do with those lobster meats. It sat on the fridge for a night and I never got to do anything until the next day after work. I wanted it with pasta, considered a lobster pasta salad, lobster spaghettini, lobster with garlic infused olive oil sauce or in a white sauce that Adriel love. After much thought, I ended up with lobster alfredo sauce in ditallini pasta.

Grab your forks and dig in!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics