Friday, February 17, 2012

Bones and Snails (roasted bonemarrow and escargot)


Add caption
The first time I’ve ever tasted this was from M.Wells, a diner in Long Island City famous for its unusual but delicious food. It looked so good and tasty, more so with the way they had it served. It was new for me, new and a curiosity, because we usually use Bone Marrow to make soup with tons of vegetables which my countrymen will call “Bulalo.” Bulalo originated from Batangas, a cattle-raising region in the country of the Philippines. I would loved to discuss the history of Bulalo but it’s another story altogether.
As I was saying, I am more familiar with bone marrow being used for making soups and snails being boiled and eaten while having it dipped in vinegar. Thus, seeing bone marrow and snails cooked that way interested me so much that I tried my best to scrutinize the flavors and ingredients used to make such a delectable meal.  The infusion of flavors from the bone marrow, snails, breadcrumbs, olive oil and spices was so good that I promised myself that I am going to make one at home. Finally, I did after a long time of procrastinating. 


So what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics