Friday, February 17, 2012

The Cheesecake

The first time that I ever tasted cheesecake was the one my mom made in the Philippines when I was a kid, it was a no bake cheesecake from Jell-O. I was skeptic at first but thought to myself, why not? I’m not gonna get sick or anything. Frankly, I can’t remember whether I did liked it or not, but since it did made an impression to me, I probably did like it. Like it well enough that when I saw a box during a grocery trip I was tempted to buy one and try it. Thought about it once or twice and ended up not buying it. Instead, when I got home, I search the web for a recipe for a cheesecake. It took me more than an hour (I also read the reviews to see how it really does taste like and the certain adjustments they made) till I found one that intrigued me.
I was very hesitant about making the cheesecake, since I want it to end like how it looks like in the photos. Not just that, somehow, as I grew up and my taste buds changed, the cheesecakes that I have tried here was either too heavy for me or dense. I wanted something fluffy, airy and smooth. Something that will say, “hey, this is made of cheese!” not the starchy cake-like density. 



After weeks of procrastinating and a great sale of cream cheese – which I bought in bulk, I went ahead making one for two of my co-workers' birthday (no worries, people pitch in for funds). Add to the fact that I found out what I needed to omit so as to make a smooth and heavenly cheesecake.
In the end, I shouldn’t have been worried; my coworkers love it that they deemed it cheesecake bliss. It was very heartwarming, especially since one of them admitted to me that she had never liked cheesecake in her entire life except for mine.
As a result, I am now taking orders from coworkers, friends and friends of friends. Prices depends on the size of the cake. 

This one to be delivered

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics