Saturday, May 26, 2012

Hello Neglect

  During one of my aunt's visit here in the city, she asked me how my blog is doing (guilty of neglecting it these past few days) and the cooking/baking. Different topics were discussed about ingredients, methods of cooking and the like. She then told me how is it that she never saw me post any Asian dish that is from our heritage or adapted from other Asian countries. I couldn't answer since I am guilty of overlooking the food from my country and focused way too much on different recipes.

 To start compensating for that, I made a vow to make a special page only for Filipino foods and delicacies. But to start things, here is the Filipino version of three foods that originated from China. The pancit canton, lumpiang shanghai and siomai; pancit canton consist of flour noodles stir fried with vegetables and meat in a pan or wok; lumpiang shanghai is famously known here as spring rolls - it is mostly filled with ground pork and carrots; lastly, the siomai or dumplings.





  I do hope my aunt approves if she ever sees this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics