Sunday, March 11, 2012

Marble Bomb

It took me two days, two days to finally finish my cake project.

Day One: Marble Cake

    I was planning to make cake pops the day before, planned to have everything finished during this day since I'm off and will return to work the next day. Instead after I dropped my son off to school, I relaxed, ate breakfast, stayed in front of the computer and fixed my other blog webpage. It took more time than I have anticipated which was alright with me since I was also enjoying my chat with my father whom I haven't seen in 5 years. As I was saying, I ended up actually baking after we ate our dinner. I have my son lick the spatula and beaters, it made me think of myself and my mom when I was his age. How I'll get excited when she's about to make pancakes because then I'll have a chance to lick the spoon or to actually spoon some of the batter and eat it. I managed to finish cleaning up the mess I made around 10 pm and ready to pass out.

Day Two: Marble Rumble

little hand helping me out
 Of course, here I am again starting late. Well not as late as last night, much earlier than that but later than I have planned. I made some cream cheese frosting that will keep the now crumbled marble cake that I made. After I got everything combined, my son helped me roll it scoop by scoop, one by one. He did at least five and then gave up complaining while laughing and walking away towards the bathroom sink. So there I was stuck for a good 30 minutes, when I was done, I put them all back to the fridge. After dinner, I made the chocolate ganache I'll be using to coat the cakes with. Guess what? I finished the same time I did last night.

Day Three: Marble Bomb


    Woke up disoriented with the feeling of something missing, something out of order and realizing that DST has started. Put the covers back on top of my head trying to go back to sleep, I can't since my alarm went on ringing every 10 minutes. So there I was, standing up groggily wanting badly to go back to bed and forget about going to work. Instead, I rushed prepping up myself and my brunch to be brought to work and put three of the cake pops in individual packs for a taste test. Glad to arrived on time (glad that my sprinting was not in vain), gave the cake pops to the "bubbles" (as we are called by "papa john"), and went to our separate departments. When I went to visit them during my break, I was greeted enthusiastically with a praise for my cake pop. After another 2 hours, mama bubble told me that the cake pop was the bomb! Thus, it is now called "marble bomb".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics