Friday, March 30, 2012

Lunch In a Rush

my friend's fish burger with cabbage slaw
   Last March 27 of this year, I met with my friend Andreea for lunch at Hillstone. It was rushed because I arrived late. When I came upon the entrance, I saw her with an empty cup of coffee - yep, I was that late - of course I apologized. I love meeting up with her because she acts like my older sister. We used to work at the same company except she had to relocate for a few months to join her hubby and thus quit her job.

   The place was crowded (lunch time for every employee who works close by) and the bar is the only place with a proper lighting as the sit down area is very dim. While waiting for our appetizer of artichoke and spinach dip with chips, salsa and sour cream, she was still undecided about what to get. I insisted she's on a diet which she didn't contradict and even insisted that she gains weight easily - seriously, she looks perfect. But she reasoned out that she needs to look trim for her upcoming trip to Romania next week.

    I ordered a Nagiri combo when the waiter approached us again and took a sip on my now tepid tea while she still makes up her mind. She ended up ordering a fish burger and a side of various cauliflowers tossed in a vinaigrette with parmesan cheese. That done she told me that I am going to share her food because she won't be able to finish it by herself. When food came, I told her to hold her fork as I wanted to take a picture of it - she obliged though she was laughing. During the course of our meal, Donna (who told Andreea that she won't be joining us) suddenly called and told us that she was on her way.


the Nigiri combo
   In the end, she won since I did ate half of her sandwich and munch on the cauliflowers as well. Donna arrived after we finished lunch, we asked her to finish off our appetizer, the first thing she said before taking a chip to have a taste of the dip was "Does it taste better than Mary's?" Andreea told her she doesn't know since she hasn't tasted my version. When Donna did tasted the dip, her reaction warmed my heart because she said mine taste better (sorry Hillstone, no offense meant). I can say that the food was presented nicely and the taste was not bad though not at the price they offer. With the way everything was priced, I was expecting that it wouldn't just be the ambiance to throw me off my chair but the food as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Web Analytics